We are (almost) half way through July and I’m not really sure where it’s gone! How are you? How’s your summer going so far? Are you knee-deep in popsicle sticks, sprinklers, and BBQ’s too? We are LOVING IT. Although my husband is cringing a little bit about sticky hands all the time, hehe.
I am trying to get back to my space here and figured a monthly note would be a great place to start. I’d love to pack it with some free downloads, my monthly playlist, and some of my (and my family’s) favorite things at the moment. I hope you stick around each month as I play around with it!
The standing Top THREE’S will always be music, free downloads, and a fave recipe. At least that’s what I say for now. ;)
- Take a listen to my July playlist! It’s a little bit of the old, a little bit of the new, with a splash of encouragement. I am all about easy listening and I think you’ll find my music tastes stamped all over this one!
- It’s never too late to write out your summer bucket list! I am teaming up with Courtney from Courtney Joy Designs to give you this exclusive free download for a printable summer bucket list. Scratch down some ideas and then get out there and do them! (A few on our list this summer have been a family trip to the zoo, an outdoor concert, making s’mores in the yard, and trying a slip’n’slide. We are about 50% through our list and it’s been a blast to try new things together.)
- Try a new recipe! My go-to salad for get-together’s in the summer is my Summer Corn Salad. The trick is, don’t have a recipe. ;) But since that doesn’t help anyone here, I’ll share what I throw in there, although it ebbs and flows with what’s in my fridge!
- 6 corns of fresh summer corn cut off the cob (uncooked – it gives it the yummiest crunch!)
- a handful of quartered cherry tomatoes
- a half of a red onion, finely diced
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1-1.5 cups of feta (the best salty bite – add to yous tastes. I can’t get enough!)
- optional add in’s – diced cucumbers, fresh herbs like basil or cilantro, black beans, chick peas, nice thick shreds of Parmesan
- Once you have your veggies prepped, mixed them together in a bowl with a nice glug of extra virgin olive oil to coat. (a least a few tablespoons). Squeeze a half of lemon (or lime!) over the whole thing to brighten it up. Don’t forget to add your salt and pepper! I love kosher salt in salts like this.
Here’s what I am currently reading: a fiction book, my book club book, and my devotional. My kiddos favorites books right now are this one and this one. We read them ALL. THE. TIME. and your guess is as good as mine as to why they are so loved. Although when I mention them to other moms, or give them as gifts, the parents say the same thing – they are so loved!
A few favorite clothing items finds lately are this Amazon kimono that ends up getting an almost uncomfortable amount of compliments, these leggings with side pockets (LIFE CHANGER), and these pj pants from Target that I want to live in.
My kiddos favorite activities recently have been coloring with these AMAZING paint stix (think our old glue sticks, but kids paint that dries in 90-seconds and washes off with water), playing “cooking” with this 50+ piece pasta set, and playing with these pom poms. (Easy clean up when wet – wring them out, throw them in a pillow case knotted up, and wash and dry as usual!)
Our life saver this summer no doubt has been the Bug Bite Thing. For under $10, I am rallying everyone to grab one (especially parents because stings and bites aren’t fun!) and keep it in your purse. It works wonderful on mosquitoes and I feel safer knowing when we do get our first bee sting, I will have this close by to eliminate some of the worry!
I’m always sharing my life over on Instagram, so you are welcome to follow along there for peeks into the sweet memories we are making, adventures in twin toddlerland, and a whole lot of keepin’ it real.
I’m wishing you all the best rest of the month … keep an eye out for next month’s note and let me know what you think of this new monthly fun!
PS – Did you know we were in the New York Times last month? You can read more about my thoughts on the article + my story on this IG post. We also had a bear in our backyard, which, given the sound of my shocked voice in the video, is NOT common. We also celebrated 14-years of marriage at the beginning of the month which is a blessed-treat and took the kids to the movie theater for their first time. Fun all around!
This post contains affiliate links, which doesn’t impact my opinion at all, but offers my family a small commission if you choose to purchase something through my links. It’s at no extra cost to you and if you choose to use them, I thank you so much!