In efforts to make blog reading easier for those still suffering from infertility, any baby or mom related posts in the future will be named with the preface “mom life:”. If you are in a season of infertility, don’t worry, I will still regularly write to support you! I also enjoy the outlet of being able to share the good and hard stuff of motherhood too and will do so here. Feel free to skip and omit anything titled as “Mom Life!”
Today I am bringing you our favorite twin-related products, as promised in part 2 of our favorite baby items! Life with multiples is wonderful and there are a few things that make it a little more complicated than life with just a singleton. These products below have been a huge help to us as we navigate life with our kiddos!
1) Skip Hop Duo Double Diaper Bag: I looked at SO many diaper bags, and even bought one or two in hopes they would work, but when reality hit and I was trying to get everything we needed in it to get out the door, I ended up researching twin diaper bags and placing an Amazon order. This bag is EVERYTHING I need it to be. It’s large, it fits comfortably handing on my stroller. It fits diapers, wipes, clothes, and has tons of pockets, pouches, and zippered areas to store everything a twin momma needs on the go. I can’t imagine going anywhere without it!
In the early days, my diaper bag was packed with diapers, spare clothes, burp rags, an extra outfit for momma in case someone spit up on me, and nursing snacks and water. Now this bag is packed with puffs and toys and books and still holds everything practical too!
2) Twin-Z Pillow: When the babies outgrew their feedings in their boppy loungers (around 3 months), we upgraded to our twin-z pillow and never looked back. This has made feedings immensely easier. They like it, the cover is super easy to take off and wash, and we can use it for laying down, having them practicing sitting up, tummy time, and much more. For moms who are tandum nursing, the middle pillow flips back into a backrest of sorts to make it perfect for nursing. A MUST. We still use it for every feeding and also for sit up time!
3) Graco Modes Duo stroller: I just love this stroller. Right now it acts as a snap and go with our Graco car seats, meaning I can just pop them out of the car and click them into the stroller. When they change car seats, there is a variety of riding options (27!) for kiddos up to 50 lbs. It is so easy to fold up and load in and out of the car and is a super smooth ride. I love it and we looked at a lot!
4) TwinGo carrier: This is an awesome baby carrier that allows parents to wear the babies singly or tandem. We are just getting to the point where the babies are old enough to be carried on our backs, but we have heard amazing things from others who have used it and we love it so far. It’s incredibly comfortable and sturdy and the instruction booklet is super understandable.
5) Infant Optics camera: We just LOVE our video monitoring camera. We elected to get an extra camera so each baby crib has its own camera, and we upgraded to the wide view lenses and that we can get a more thorough view of them. It brings me peace of mind being able to see them and saves many trips into the nursery. It also is SECURE in its wireless transmission which means it offers 100% digital privacy. Two-way talking, scanning back and forth between the cameras automatically, temperature display. This things has all the bells and whistles and is amazing. (We have this one as a “travel” monitor and love it too.)
Now a few other miscellaneous things that we have learned as twin parents:
We have found it incredibly helpful to have two:
- bottle warmers
- boppy loungers
- auto rock’n’plays
- play bouncer chairs – get two different styles and kinds so you can change babies regularly between them and keep them engaged!
- changing stations total – one on each floor
- Bathtubs (although we did sink baths in the Blooming Blossom for the first 7 months and only used these a few months, it was nice to have two when we moved to the tub.)
- Jumper exersaucers
- Walk About Walkers
We are happy we only have one … or wish we had only bought one … or really only need one …
- Boppy’s for working on sitting and/or tummy time
- activity center play mat
- blooming bath (we bathed one baby at a time tag team style!)
For twins, it has been helpful to have a TON of …
- bandana bibs
- burp rags
- pump parts (if you are exclusively pumping especially)
- pajama’s – we wish we didn’t have as many newborn or 0-3 outfits as we did because reality is you aren’t leaving the house much and when you do, you don’t have the energy or desire to change and dress them. Pajama’s all day every day. For real. (We liked Carter’s jammies the best for these early days!)
I am sure I am forgetting something and may pop in here throughout the month and add an EDIT: down at the bottom so keep an eye on this page if you are becoming a twin mom!