How’s your summer going? Can you believe it’s JULY already? I can’t! I haven’t been posting as much frequently but not without good reason! There’s been some exciting things happening over in our house!
- Writing. So many of you have encouraged me by sharing your dreams of me writing something in print. God has been so good in blessing me with an opportunity to do just that! I am excited to share that I have been part of an exciting collaboration with some amazing Godly women to create a 6-week devotional based on finding God in the wait. It’s an all encompassing devotional (not just infertility driven) and I think if you are breathing and a woman, will find it an incredible blessing. My time has been pulled away recently as I work on pouring my heart and soul into that project and can’t wait for the time to share more with you! More information will come out later this month, followed by pre-sale hitting the online world mid August. Thank you to those who have pushed and encouraged me to seek how God wants to use me in this time. I hope and pray that if you check it out, you will be blessed. God is good!
- Living. I have been working on living intentionally, embracing the moments and enjoying summer. Often times, that’s away from my keyboard as I have been working on getting my head out of the clouds. It’s working! Slowly but surely.
- Celebrating. Tomorrow is Josh and my 10 year wedding anniversary and I can’t help but feel incredibly blessed. Marriages have ups and downs and require significant investment, forgiveness, communication and unconditional love. I am beyond grateful to have partnered up with Josh over the last decade to do all of that. We are also celebrating Josh’s birthday next week (33!) and so the days have been filled with a little extra sparkle as these fun days approach.
- Reading. I love the fact that summers can be a little lazier and slower and have appreciated all the reading I have been able to do. Right now I am reading “Every Bitter Thing is Sweet: Tasting the Goodness of God in All Things” by Sara Hagerty. All I can say is “yes”. All of it. It’s so good and I know that you will be hearing many more thoughts of mine tied into this in the coming weeks.
- Healing. The road of infertility is never easy. I love the reminders that people share with me that infertility doesn’t define me and I would be the first to agree with that. However, infertility can influence every part of our lives and it is hard to separate ME from my disease. I’m tired of it getting in the way of my goals, dreams, plans, future. I am tired of the unknowns, the what-next, the why’s? I am so thankful that God hasn’t left my side as I have brought all these questions to His feet and asked for direction. But healing takes time. He works through it with us and I am grateful that this particular season of self-care and healing can happen when the air is warm and the sun is shining. That being said, my engagement with others has been less than ideal and I have been a little withdrawn and guarded. I am working to reconnect, be better at texting, emailing and calling you back, set up those coffee dates we talked about and bringing a me to the table that has enough energy and cheer to really listen and engage. Thank you for your grace and know that I am making a rebound.
With all of that said, I am still here! I am excited to be entering into final edits and drafts for the devotional, freelancing some articles, and embracing today. I hope to hit the ground running mid July with new posts, thoughts, and updates!
Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend friends!
10 thoughts on “little life update.”
That is amazing news about the devotional. Can’t wait to get my hands on it. I agree infertility doesnt control your life but it does influence how you view life.
So cool about doing a devotional! Can’t wait to read!
Congratulations on the devotional! I am positive it will be fabulous and touch many people.
Congrats on the devotional sweets!
Congrats on being married for 10 years! We’ll hit our 8 on the 19th of this month! :)
Happy Anniversary and congrats on the devotional. Can’t wait to have it
Can’t wait to get my hands on that devotional! I know it will be amazing. :)
I can’t wait to get that devotional!! Praise God!! I find myself in a similar season (minus the authoring!) and the feeling of “moving forward” is a bit empowering. May you stay encouraged and strengthened when dealing with the hard times of the past. Many blessings to you! Xoxo Julianna
I can’t wait for the devo!! Congratulations!! Hugs and prayers to you as you continue to heal and recharge.