Who remembers my monthly favorites I used to do?!? Well, I miss doing them! So welcome to the reboot of Monthly Crushes … where I share my random favorite things from the month! And of course, we have to end with funnies! I will start with my favorites and end with a couple favorite things of the kids (with their ages too if you’re in a similar season). Enjoy!
- The Magic of Motherhood – This book is beautiful. It covers every aspect of motherhood in short essay stories, think Shauna Niequest. The essays cover everything from identity, adoption, body image, miscarriage, friendship, faith, infertility and more. I love how honest the stories are, some I related to personally and others I feel like I have taken a peek inside another world, yet all share a glimpse at the joy and heartache of motherhood. I have been sinking back on my couch each day after I put the kids down for their first nap and cracking open the pages, ingesting a short essay before getting on with my day. It’s a book I dream about writing one day. Grab it and enjoy with a cup of tea and a soft blanket.
- Tarte Shape Tape concealer – The mom bags are real. I reached out on Instagram and asked for some favorite concealers to try and the response was deafening the same – Tarte Shape Tape concealer. And let me tell you, it’s worth the hype! I got “light neutral” and it’s a perfect match. I really like that it’s thick, but not so thick that you look cakey. You just need a dab or two and viola, eye messes gone. The tube it comes in is huge, which means I won’t need to buy it often, I bet this baby lasts a good 6 months if not 8. It wasn’t outrageous – $27 – and when it covers dark circles, well, its worth every penny. (PS- order this through my Ebates link below and get cash back! Saving you money left and right!)
- Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) by Rend Collective – This worship song has always been one of my favorites and I love the version of it I came across on Spotify a few weeks back. (Side note – Indie Worship playlist on Spotify is great!). It’s peppy and will turn around any day!
- 90 Degree By Reflex High Waist Power Flex Legging – Tummy Control – these leggings are the best kept secret on Amazon. (Well, maybe not a secret given there are thousands of reviews). I LOVE that they aren’t see through, are high-waisted, and they offer some tummy control without being too tight or constrictive. I throw these one nearly every day I am home with the kids and they wash great and hold up to the wear and tear of my life as a twin mom. Grab a pair (or 3!), you won’t regret it! (And if you do, that’s what free amazon prime returns are for!).
- Ebates. PEOPLE! WHY DID NO ONE SIT ME DOWN AND TELL ME ABOUT EBATES EARLIER!? I always saw the commercials and thought it had to be some kind of scam. Um, no. It’s not. Literally all you do is go to ebates.com and start your online shopping there. For Target. For Macys. For ANYTHING just about. You search for the store and click the link and it will redirect you to that company’s website. That’s it. You shop as you always do, you can use your red card at Target or whatever your normal payment method is. You check out. And then the next day, you get a % back in cash, sent to your paypal or via check to your mailbox. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? In fact, if you use my above link, you get an automatic $10 as soon as you use your ebates for a $25 purchase somewhere. I mean, people! I can’t be the only online shopper that wants free money!?
And now, onto a few of the kiddos favorite things this month! I cannot believe they are almost TEN MONTHS. Gasp!!!
- Tomy’s Hide and Squeak Eggs – My kids LOVE these eggs. I have no idea what it is about them, but when they see the egg container coming out, they squeal. They could play with these things for hours and I have heard many parents say the same thing. With Easter coming up, it’s a perfect Easter gift for your kiddo, niece, or someone you love!
- Bumkins Sleeved Bibs – We get a lot of questions about what bibs the kids use regularly and these are them! We LOVE that they are sleeved with elastic at the bottom so food can’t sneak up. They tie in the back, so there’s no way they can pull them off, and even have a bottom pocket to catch food and save their pants from getting dirty. They are washing machine safe, but also rinse off great in the sink. A MUST.
- Never touch a Monster and Never Touch a Dinosaur – These books are the kids favorites. We read , touch and feel them every. single. day. The textures are made of silicone and the kids LOVE running their fingers up and down each page. So fun!
Ppppsssstttt …. I am working on kicking off a Facebook page! It’ll be so much easier for me to share things there for those without Instagram and also, let me engage even more with you! Would you come on over and join me there? (I promise I won’t fill up your feed and it will be SO helpful to me!) After the first 500 people join, I will be giving away a bundle of some of my favorite things!!! Feel free to invite friends too! It would mean SO much. Trust me, you aren’t going to want to miss this! And now, without further ado, our monthly funnies! Enjoy!
This post contains Affiliate links that in no way alter my recommendations or opinions!