It’s hard to believe we are reaching the end of MAY. Where has this month gone? I feel like we will blink and the summer will be over. GULP! If that’s not reason to be more intentional about living fully each day, I don’t know what is!
Time for my May Crushes!
I love this monthly subscription box! The goal of trösta box is to help you prioritize and care for yourself better, sustaining a real practice of self care. The items in my May box were awesome and totally promoted relaxation and self care.
Here’s the items I got:
- A journal – ADORABLE – and also, a month long calendar of journal prompts. I love this part because it makes it easy to just jump into the fresh, clean pages with a purpose!
- A Thai Lily candle. I have to say, I can be fairly picky about my candles. You know me, I am basically 100% apple-scented candles, but this candle made by Illume, is now my new favorite scent. It’s beautiful to look at and even more beautiful to burn.
- A bath bomb. YESSSSS. A perfect self care practice for me. Give me a book, a bath tub and now, a bath bomb. Perfect! (Wine optional ….)
- This Cloverleaf Nectar perfume from Illume smells amazing. I have to say, I don’t wear perfume often but when I do, I feel a little prettier and have a pep in my step. Kind of like I have it together in life, haha. Love this!
- A fun colorful headband. I can totally see using this for working out in, or just throwing up my hair while running around to a few garage sales or to meet a friend in the park for lunch. It’s soft, comfy and doesn’t slide off my head – a huge win!
- Colorful seed bombs. I love seeing flowers in the summer and this is a chance to get my hands a little dirty, which is relaxing, as well as fruitful when you see your hard work paying off. Okay, maybe not hard work. These seed bombs are super easy (instructions included!) and basically just need to be soaked, planted and watered. Can’t wait to see how my wildflowers turn out!
- Cookies! Because, duh, nom nom.
You can sign up for a single box (June’s is sold out but July orders are now being taken!), or a set amount of months.
In fact, I am teaming up with trösta box to give away a free box over on Instagram, so hop over and check it out! YAY FREE THINGS! And wait, there’s more! If you use discount code TRIALSBRINGJOY at checkout, you will get 25% off your first box! They go fast, so don’t delay if you want in on the next one! (They also are a great thing to send to a friend as a surprise!)
(You will enter by following me and trösta box on Instagram, tagging a friend in the comments and then for an extra entry, signing up here http://trostabox.com/trialsbringjoy for a one more chance to win!)
- Made to Crave devotional by Lysa Terkeurst.
I know the book Made to Crave is popular, but did you know Lysa also wrote a 60 day devotional on the same topic? I actually haven’t read the book, but have gone through this devotional multiple times and love it. As I rebooted my fitness journey last week, I picked it up again and take time to read through a day’s reading every morning. It’s Biblical, encouraging, and empowering. If you are looking for something short to read each day, specifically on the topic of breaking bad fitness/eating habits, this is it!
- Norwex Mattress Spray Cleaner. Ahhhh, it felt SO good this weekend to change our sheets, flip our mattress, wash blankets and mattress covers. One of the easiest ways we clean our mattress is using Norwex’s Mattress Cleaner spray! This stuff is the greatest thing ever. It’s an paraben-free, enzyme-based formula designed to help remove organic material and provide a deep cleaning of body oils, pet dander and other contaminants from pillows, comforters, pet bedding, fluffy toys and fabric furniture. We seriously just strip everything, spray it (1-2 for pillows, 5-6 for our bed), then let it air dry for 3-4ish hours. I can tell when we have cleaned it because I breath better at night, my allergies virtually disappear and Josh stops snoring! It’s crazy! We do it about every month or so (okay, maybe 6ish weeks). They say for optimal treatment, to do it monthly, but minimally quarterly. So so so easy. A bottle lasts a little over a year for us and it’s safe and non-toxic. That makes me happy!
If you are interested in ordering it, or any other Norwex products, you can pop over to my website to buy. (I have had this for a while but am not actively consulting. I just ADORE all their cleaning products and cloths so if you ever need to stock up on Norwex, feel free to do so here if you don’t already have a regular consultant!
Link to product: https://chelsearitchie.norwex.biz/en_US/customer/shop/product-detail/29609
Link to catalog: https://chelsearitchie.norwex.biz/
(A few of my favorite products are: enviro cloths and polishing cloths, face and body cloths, the mop, laundry detergent, and the bottle brush cleaner.)
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling” by Justin Timberlake. Is anyone NOT snapping their fingers and jamming to this song this month? I don’t typically listen to the radio but when it’s on, this is a crank-it-up, windows-down, shoulders-swagging moment.
- Sarah’s Laughter daily devotionals. I had a reader (Hi Nicole J!) connect with me and let me know about this awesome Monday-Friday emailed devotional called Sarah’s Laughter.The“Daily Double Portions” are full of support and hope for those struggling with the unmet desire for a child. It’s all Biblically based and incredibly relatable. They share “stories of triumph over impossible medical situations, Biblical accounts of infertility and how God intervened, plus testimonies of couples who know the devastation of infertility—and have words of encouragement to pass on.” I have LOVED reading them and find myself forwarding them on to friends all the time. If you are looking for some extra encouragement and being pointed back to Him, check it out! You can sign up here: http://www.sarahs-laughter.com/daily-double-portions.html
Alright friends, that’s it! Don’t forget to check out the trösta box giveaway over on Instagram! Till next time!
4 thoughts on “may crushes.”
Cool box! Also, I love Norwex!!!
That’s a nifty little box. I have been thinking about trying one of these subscriptions. Sephora is on the top of the list though. LOL! I’m going to have to try that mattress spray. With 3 dogs I could probably use this in a lot of places! Also, that song! I love it. I have been jamming to it since I heard it and love to dance and sing along :)
So many fun things! I have never heard of this box. I clearly need this devotional and I didn’t know that Sarah’s laughter sent out a daily devotional… how neat!
Bath bomb! Relaxing in the tub with a book is so wonderful, especially after a hectic work day.